Friday, February 1, 2008

Links

This is an awesome idea: a playground for septuagenarians. That's the cutest thing I've seen all day.

This is also an awesome idea: Don't shoot wolves, President F*ckhead. Can it be clearer that he wants to destroy the world? Seriously.

In better news, my mom is doing great. She was shocked with a defibrillator this afternoon, which put her heart back into its normal rhythm right away. She'll be in the hospital until Sunday or Monday, so they can make sure it stays that way and get all her meds straight, but she should be fine. My sisters said when they went to see her, she proudly proclaimed, "Look! I've got rhythm!" and sit-danced to prove it, so she must be feeling better lol.

In other good news, my sister found a great house in North Carolina! It's huge, beautiful house, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 stories plus a basement, on 4 acres, on a mountain, across the street from a lake, close to places they can work, and 10 minutes from an Applebees. Many of the other houses they had looked at were right across from trailer parks, or 30 miles from a gas station, so when they saw lights on the way to see this house they were very excited to be back in civilization. They will be moving as soon as they can sell their current house, which is also beautiful so hopefully it will go quickly.

My family reminds me of this fabric. We are very easy-going and loose, until one of us is hurt or threatened. When that happens, we all band together instantly, to protect or support as needed, until peace is regained. But I'm far away, still affected by every major creasing, but unable to lend my support and be supported in turn directly.

1 comment:

  1. I made my own site!! Link to me stepheebean.blogspot.com Yay.

    ReplyDelete