Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It snowed!

It snowed! In Houston! And stuck to the ground, more or less! We got about an inch over a few hours. When I came out of work my car had snow on it, for the first time ever!


Luckily it didn't really stick to the roads, at least where they're not elevated, so I was fine driving my mile home after work.

Some people made a snowman than must have been 6 feet tall in the field next to my apartment, which was pretty impressive for an inch of snow on the ground! And when I walked into work, I walked over the grass and heard the crunsh crunsh crunsh sound partially melted and refrozen snow makes when you walk on it. I haven't heard that in so long! It made me remember trying to follow my dad's footsteps through the driveway after a snowfall when I was little, jumping and turning to try to land each foot in his footprint. Someone also built a little snowman next to my building, when I have no idea, but it's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment